2017 Four-Year Institution Survey

Switch to Advanced Search
Filters (Optional)

What other larger institutional units house the writing center? (n=31)

Previous QuestionNext Question


  • Academic and Career Engagement
  • Learning Support Services
  • University College (academic home for FR and SO students before transferring into their majors)
  • University College
  • Undergraduate studies (4 responses)
  • TEaching and Learning Center & Writing Program
  • Student Affairs
  • Some of the above? Part of an academic unit (that reports to Academic Affairs) that includes the Tutoring Center, Student Success/skills courses, tutor training, and now the first-year experience program). We are physically located in a learning commons within our library.
  • School of Humanities and Social Sciences
  • Office of Campus and Community Writing
  • Library (4 responses)
  • Liberal Arts Department
  • Institute (focused on writing and speech)
  • Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
  • Howe Center for Writing Excellence (includes WAC)
  • Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
  • Dept of Associate Provost
  • Communication across the Curriculum/OAA
  • College of Liberal Arts
  • College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences
  • College of Humanities & the Arts
  • College of Arts and Sciences
  • Center of Writing Excellence
  • Center of Academic Support and Advising
  • We report through the Center for Teaching and Learning but operate very independently

Basic filters may be applied to this question; advanced filters are unavailable.